Our sponsors are:
The most devastating setback to hit us in hundreds of years can’t stop the Colours, Scents and sounds of Mother Nature, and it won’t stop us returning to a brighter stronger Society in 2021either.
Your Committee met this week remotely via ZOOM to “Plan Ahead” on how your Society will recover from the Pandemic.
We would like to inform you of the decisions taken
- ALL 2020 Memberships will continue throughout 2021 therefore if you have joined the RCHS this year it will take you through until January 2022
- Our 80th Year Anniversary Party in our Presidents Garden will be rescheduled for JULY 2021 and all tickets purchased so far will transfer to the new date once decided. If you are unable to come in 2021 then refunds will be given
- Anne Swithinbank will now be joining us in 2021 Date to be confirmed
- ALL current committee members have agreed to stay on for at least ONE more year if re-elected in February 2021, to help the society recover from the effects of the downturn.
- We would like some members now to come forward as we have time, to prepare to take over some roles within the committee, there is plenty of time to get used to what is required in each role. Please e mail firstname.lastname@example.org to enquire
We now have the dates for the SHOWS 2021. PLEASE NOTE SOME ARE ON A SUNDAY
SPRING 2021 – SATURDAY 20th MARCH 2021
SUMMER 2021 – SUNDAY 27th JUNE 2021
AUTUMN 2021 – SUNDAY 12th SEPTEMBER 2021
Ruislip Central Horticultural Society is a membership-based, non-profit organisation dedicated to all things horticultural.
The RCHS has a long and impressive history. Established in 1949 on the theme of ‘the encouragement and improvement of the best fruit, the most choice flowers and the most useful culinary vegetables‘, the Society has continued to promote all aspects of horticulture.
Whilst we cherish our history, the Society strives to maintain a modern outlook, helping to promote horticulture to the next generation of gardeners and horticulturists. We are always working hard to bring in young blood to the society, to create a future generation that can carry forward the satisfactions of mother nature
The Society acts as a valuable resource to its members on horticultural matters, as well as organising flower shows, talks and events. The RCHS promotes the interests of garden and allotment cultivators, bringing people together who have similar interests, to share experience and knowledge. The society also incorporates a specialist Cactus Section, which holds its own events and meetings, and also has a great part to play in our three shows each year. Membership to the RCHS includes access to all Cactus Section events. It also includes access to the Eastcote Horticultural Society trading centre. See drop down menu above for details.
Membership is open to all, with the group being based around the Ruislip, Uxbridge and Pinner areas. We have members from areas as far as Hayes, Northwood, Moor Park and Watford.
The annual membership fee is a nominal £5, with all proceeds being directed back into the Society.
RCHS Latest News
To get the members of the RCHS in to the spirit of Christmas the committee have organised a trip to Wisley on Sunday, the 8th December. This is the first day of their Winter Glow extravaganza. As it gets dark the garden and the glass house are lit up...
The committee have been informed of the death of Maurice Jeffrey, better known, to older members, as Jeff. He had been very active in the Society for a long time before he and his wife moved to Devon. He was known as the daffodil man as he always showed at...
ALL EVENTS FOR 2020 CANCELLED